Our mission is to:
- Glorify God through the gift of music;
- Provide worship experiences in which people sense the presence of God;
- Foster spiritual growth and help kindle the desire to know God more intimately;
- Provide outreach to the community.
In our ministry, we strive to:
- Invite, include and involve children and adults of all ages in active worship participation;
- Use a variety of liturgical settings, instruments and styles of music in worship;
- Make a connection between scripture readings, the theme of the day, and words of the hymns we sing;
- Provide the opportunity for children and adults to learn and grow through participation in Adult Choir, Handbell Choir, and Cross Walk Sunday and Wednesday music time;
- Invite the community to enjoy our special music events.
The adult choir is directed by John Feken, who is also a member of the hand bell choir and serves as a substitute organist/pianist for First Lutheran and Waterman United Methodist Church. As Director of the Indian Creek Music Department, since 1993, Mr. Feken has adjudicated solo and ensemble and organizational contests and, has taught fifth – twelfth grade band and sixth – twelfth grade choir. He received his B.A from Millikin University in Decatur, IL and his M.Ed. from Aurora University, and is a member of the Illinois Music Educators Association and the American Choral Directors Association.
The Bell Choir is directed by Judy Neumann.